Welcome to A Pretty Fix. I’m Jelica and this is my blog about home style, décor, diy and craft projects – all those details that help make a house a home. I also share a bit about life at home, including recipes (gluten-free anyone?), adorable cameos of our fur-baby (aka our cat) Napoleon, and bits of life in Ontario, Canada. In this blog, my home is my playground, my source of endless inspiration and laboratory for experimentation, and one that I hope inspires you to take your own style risks and traverse the trails of creativity in your own home and life.
My husband and I moved into this, our first home, a new-build bungalow in Ottawa, Canada in March 2010 and with next to nothing, managed to see this house slowly becoming a home. It is still a work in progress and will continue to be, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! My home is my muse, my place to dream, a space to create, to try, to fail, to try some more, to see the beauty in imperfection, and always enjoy the journey along the way. It may not always be pretty, but it’s always home to me!
Some fun facts about me?
- Guilty pleasure: large quantities of French vanilla cappuccino + YouTube (preferably in combination)
- Favourite road trips: wine country in Prince Edward County, Ontario + Niagara on the Lake
- Favourite comedy series: The Office (BBC series) followed closely by The Office (American series)
- Favourite quote from The Office (American series): “Bears, Beets, Battlestar Gallactica.” (nerd alert :))
- Favourite tv series disappointment: Lost (they were dead all along! Argh)
- Favourite Fiction Book: Gone With The Wind + The Historian + Anne of the Island (too many faves)
- Favourite Non-Fiction Book: The Bible (drama, comedy, love and redemption)
- Favourite non-blog hobbies: painting + reading + hours of random internet research (self-diagnosis anyone?)
- Favourite sounds: my cat Napoleon’s purring + my husband coming home
That’s a peak into just some of my favourite things. As to my other favourite thing – home decorating – I’ll be posting on the blog every Monday and Friday and – whenever I can swing it – Wednesdays too. Hope you stick around!