We are officially at the mid-point of the most festive time of year. Starting from Halloween until New Year’s Day, there are more parties and more social gatherings than at any other time. It’s when we get more creative about what we eat, drink, wear, craft, decorate and celebrate with family and friends. Admittedly, my social gatherings are small – as only a self-confessed cat-lady and introvert would have it – and end early, but even I can get behind the creativity that’s a part of this season. Which is why I’ve been really inspired by some of the more festive themes on the world wide web of late. So, if you still haven’t figured out what pie to make this American Thanksgiving Weekend (shout-out to my US friends!) or what fizzy drink to prepare for Christmas, here’s a list of festive links to whet your appetite:
– A cranberry curd pie recipe to die for.
– Cranberry not your thing? Here’s an assortment of 6 pie recipes that will surely cover everyone’s tastes.
– A fizzy drink that incorporates pear and thyme – yum!
– Need something new for your table settings? These ink dye napkins inspired by the colours of natural vegetable dyes are gorgeous.
– Anyone else inspired by this stunner of a balloon arch pictured above?
– Ever wanted to upgrade a pair of plain tights to add a festive touch? Check out this sweet patterned heart tutorial.
– The ultimate blanket sweater to make this winter – free pattern included.
– Okay, so perhaps not festive per se, but I love all these adult colouring books I’ve been seeing lately (BTW: this crazy cat-lady has a cat-themed book 😉 ). John and Sherry of the popular home DIY blog, Young House Love, just came out with their own called “Color At Home: A Young House Love Coloring Book.” A great activity to do during your down time between parties 😉
Hope everyone has a great weekend, whatever you have planned. And here’s to keeping it more crafty and creative 🙂