Happy Friday everyone! Although it’s still a wee bit chilly in my neck of the woods, I am itching to set up our patio space this weekend. We are blessed to have two basic sitting areas. One at the top of our walkout – tiny, but enough space for a bbq and seating for two – and one larger, living-room-size area that I decorated (and blogged about) last year. Just a few weeks ago, my husband cleaned up the patio space, brought out our bistro set from the basement, and set up the furniture – sans cushions – in the larger sitting area. Now, all it needs is some decorating love! That’s where I come in 🙂
So, to get me into the spirit, I’ve been curating pictures of spaces that have been inspiring me lately. Some are cozy and charming, while others are a bit more spacious. And while I plan to carry on with adding pops of colour to our predominantly black, grey and white patio, one thing that struck me is just how beautiful, even cozy, black and white outdoor spaces can be! There is something soothing about a black and white palette that, whether it is layered with other colours, used as accents in a space, or left as is, creates a relaxing vibe in a space. Here are just some of my favourites:
1. Soft and Natural – Soft and natural elements like exposed brick, potted plants and weathered wood make this seating feel peaceful and relaxed (Diny Terpstra on Instagram).
2. Natural Wood and Tan Accents – these elements inject a feeling of serenity in this black and white sitting area (found on Anneli Bush).
3. All White – An all-white porch with black and white pillows create lovely accents in this comfortable sitting area at La La Lovely.
4. Boho/Navajo Inspired – The black and white accents add visual interest and contrast beautifully against this boho/Navajo inspired space at Design Sponge.
5. Muted Palette – While not a classic black and white space, this muted palette is beautifully accented with black and white cane chairs that add lovely contrast to this casual space from The Every Girl.
6. Striped Rug – A bold, black and white striped rug against a farmhouse table from Rue Mag creates visual interest in this dining space.
7. Let There Be Light – Candles and lighting and soft seating at View of Carla make this an exceptionally cozy space.
8. Terra Cotta – The terra cotta accents add an earthy vibe in this soft and cozy space from My Domaine.
9. Comfy Corner – One of my favourites on this list – pretty and comfy. I’d probably fall asleep more often than read a book in this comfy, cozy reading nook found at Stylish Eve.
10. Firepit Delight – Black and white never looked so cheerful! With pops of colour using pillows, this black and white space by A Beautiful Mess really comes alive.
What outdoor spaces or inspirations have you had your eye on lately? Share your faves in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!