Before we made the move from our tiny, cramped apartment into our spacious bungalow, I spent a considerable amount of time thinking about what type and style of furniture I wanted for our living room. This is because while some consider the kitchen the heart of the home, for me the living room has got a slight edge. In fact, I spend most of my time there. Whether it’s reading, eating, watching tv, surfing the internet, or writing my next blog post, the living room is my go-to space to work, rest or play.
While I am happy with the way it has evolved these past 6 and a half years, I’ve always wanted to replace a couple of hand-me-down items in it. Number one on that list is our living room couches. They were given to us by friends who were upgrading their own living room and we were (and still are) grateful for them! But, if I were to start again, I would say that my Dream Living Room would probably look something like the photo above: Filled with luxurious seating, creamy whites, textured accessories, and a few subtle hits of colour – that’s all that’s needed to keep this girl happy 🙂
For this dream living room edition of my favourite finds, I found a ton of inspiration in a few of my favourite shops, including West Elm and Anthropologie, but also from Arhaus home furnishings which made up the bulk on my hit list. (BTW: If you have never heard of Arhaus, you will be blown away by their offerings. If you love texture, warmth, and a touch of the outdoors, you will definitely fall in love with what they’ve got there. I know I have).
So here are just some of my favourite finds for my dream living room:
1. The Emory Sectional from Arhaus home furnishings, is one of the most beautiful pieces I have seen. It has everything I could want in a living room sectional – it’s spacious, comfortable, and creamy, creamy white. (See more of their fabulous sectionals here).
2. What’s a living room without a shag rug? The Isoba Wool Shag Moroccan Rug, also found at Arhaus, is definitely on my lust list.
3. The Shaw Rectangle Coffee Table With Bluestone Top is, well, incredible. The geometric quality of the legs are uber modern and tres chic (if I may invoke a little French…and German 😉 ).
4. I just want to wrap myself in this Tibetan Wool Throw.
5. As a crafter, I could not help but fall just a little in love with this Felt Color Block Pillow Cover.
6. I have been longing to put a pouf in our living room. The Reina Pouf has such lovely lines and texture and would complement the moroccan rug so well (it also comes in other colours).
7. I’ve always loved the impact that an overarching floor lamp like this beautiful Acrylic Shade Floor model has in a space. The delicate lines and brass colour make this an easy piece to integrate into most living room styles.
8. What I love about the Marquetry Side Table from West Elm is that it is unobtrusive and yet has a modern edge to it that makes it a real stand out piece.
9. Okay, so I could not take my eyes off of this vintage-inspired table lamp. A-ma-zing!
10. Let’s talk coffee table accessories. You know I could not even consider living room accents that do not include a touch of the outdoors in some way. This Golden Pinecone is just so lovely. (For more ideas on using outdoor decor indoors, see 10 Creative Ways To Bring The Outdoors In).
11. Another of my favourite finds is this Genuine Elk Antler – a great addition to any tablescape.
12. Of course, what coffee table should go without a scented candle? Called the “Midnight Garden” small candle, the description really caught my attention “darkly romantic aromas of a moss-laden forest.” (Sometimes it’s nice to have something other than vanilla-scented candles 😉 )
13. Okay, okay, so I just had to sneak in this book by Rachel Denbow called DIY Woven Art. One of my new favouite coffee table books which just arrived in the mail yesterday!
Hope you enjoyed a walk through my Dream Living Room – or at least the start of one 😉