When it comes to refreshing summer drinks, there’s nothing like having a tall glass of lemonade. It really is the perfect summer beverage. But for those of you who love to stir things up – pardon the pun 😉 – then you will absolutely love this very berry blueberry lemonade recipe alternative. It’s quickly become a favourite in our house, often enjoyed by hubby and me as we sit on our porch or patio watching the birds, chipmunks, neighbourhood cats, and the occasional rabbit come by for a visit – but I digress!
This lemonade recipe alternative is an incredibly flavourful beverage that has a lovely balance of sweet and tart flavours with the added taste of fresh and delicious blueberries.
Lemonade is such a classic treat, but when fresh blueberries are added to the mix, it makes an exceptionally flavourful drink. If you don’t have blueberries on hand, then simply swap them out for strawberries, blackberries or raspberries – any berry will suffice.
(By the way, if you love berries, you’ll want to check out my Blackberry Boost Smoothie which is free of refined sugars, low-calorie, and skin-nourishing especially for acne-prone skin).
Well, here it is: my Very Berry Blueberry Lemonade recipe. I hope you try it!
Very Berry Blueberry Lemonade
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or Stevia substitute)
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- Combine blueberries, sugar and 1 cup water in a blender. Blend on medium-high speed for approximately 1 minute, or until blueberries are pureed.
- Combine the blueberry puree with lemon juice and remaining 3 cups of water. Add more water if desired.
- Let chill in fridge overnight to allow fruit pulp to rise to the surface.
- In the morning, scoop out the pulp. Strain remainder, if desired.
- Serve over cold ice or add lemon slices and blueberries to garnish.
Now simply pour yourself a glass and enjoy!
For more recipe, craft and DIY ideas from around the web, check out Happiness Is Homemade, No Rules Weekend Blog Party, The Creative Exchange, Welcome Home Wednesdays, Creative Spark Link Party, Link Party Palooza and the Sweet Inspiration Link Party.